Having a local or national landline number goes a long way in presenting your business as reliable and accessible to your customers. It’s reassuring to know someone is available if there’s a query or complaint that needs to be handled.
Typically you don't need a dedicated landline, especially if you're sole trader or a start up. More often than not, you just want to forward landline calls to your mobile.
There are two leading solutions to help you get a landline on your mobile.
Option 1: Call Forwarding
If you just want to receive calls on your new number a simple forwarding service to divert calls from one number to another is all you'll need.
Landline Anywhere is one of the cheapest and most reliable solutions on the market. For just £9.95 per month you'll get:
- A free 01, 02 or 03 number
- Unlimited minutes of diverted calls from UK phones
- A separate voicemail box with notifications whenever someone leaves a message
- An alert before every call to tell you that you're about to receive a business call
- …and many more call forwarding features
It only takes a few minutes to get receiving landline calls on your mobile, all you need to do is:
- Choose a number from their wide range of area codes and prefixes
- Specify where you want calls to be diverted
- Add your payment details
Landline Anywhere doesn't have any hidden charges or long-term contracts, which makes it an ideal service for sole-traders and small businesses.
- Easiest option to set up
- Divert calls to one or many numbers
- Access to lots of powerful features
- You can only use your number for incoming calls
Sign up today
Want to start forwarding your calls to your mobile? Click here for more info.
Option 2: Virtual Phone System
You'll need a slightly more comprehensive solution if you want to make outgoing calls from your business phone number.
Just pay £3.99 per month for every person in your company that will be making and receiving calls. There are no long term fixed contracts and you'll get to choose a free 01, 02 or 03 telephone number as standard.
Choose how to pay for your calls
Unlike traditional call forwarding, you won't need to pay every minute for incoming calls. Simply pay a fixed fee for every phone, then choose how you'd like to pay for your calls.
Pay as you go
- 1p/min to landlines
- 4p/min to mobiles
Call minute bundles
- 500 minutes for £7.50
- 1,000 minutes for £14
- 2,000 minutes for £26
Does only one of your colleagues spend a lot of time on the phone? Upgrade individual phones to unlimited calls for just £9.99 and use the other payment methods to cover the cost of calls made by everyone else.
Works with Android and iOS
Install the free Dial 9 Anywhere app on your Android or iOS device and use it to make and receive landline calls on your mobile.
- Often works out cheaper than call forwarding for one person
- Flexibility to grow with you as your business expands
- Access to even more powerful features
- Slightly more expensive than traditional call forwarding if you want multiple people to receive incoming calls
Sign up today
Got any questions about call forwarding?
Our UK-based support team are always here to help. If you'd like to speak to us, give us a call on 0330 088 0901 between 9am and 5:30pm (Monday to Friday), or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible.